Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
Ryabchenko A. A.
Introduction. The balanced nature of reproduction plays an important role in the stable economic development of each region, and therefore it is necessary to strengthen its economic potential. The imbalance in the process of reproduction leads to depressive aspects, and the region may lose its competitive advantages without realizing its potential. Thus, the monitoring of the social and economic development of the region and the calculation of integral indicators, which act as tools for summarizing and informing about the most important issues and evaluating complex topics, are of particular importance.
Materials and methods. The basis of the diagnostic tools is a matrix method using aggregated indicators of social and economic development, which make it possible to determine the causes of imbalance in the development of the region and develop measures to restore it.
Results and discussion. Based on the formed matrix “Balanced social and economic development of the region” for 2018 and 2020, the development of the regions of the Southern Federal District and the Moscow Region was assessed, and groups of balanced social and economic development and related regions were identified.
Conclusion. Based on the data obtained, generalizing indicators of groups that violate the balanced development of the region were identified. Approbation of diagnostic tools for assessing the balance of the social and economic development of the region shows that the established indicators can be used in monitoring and determining the causes of the violation.
Keywords: region, diagnostic tools, balanced social and economic development, assessment, matrix
For citation: Ryabchenko АА. Diagnostic Tools for Assessing the Balance of Social and Economic Development of the Region. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(1):12—31. EDN GQQMNC
1. Vinogradova NA. Modernization of the Methodology for Assessing the Final Results and Effectiveness of Social Development. Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice. 2014;(43):14—27. (In Russ.)
2. Geiev AM. Research and Evaluation of Sustainable Balanced Development of the Region’ Economy. Dis. … Cand. of Econ. Sci. Stavropol;2011. (In Russ.)
3. Kaplan RS. Balanced Scorecard. From Strategy to Action. Moscow;2003. (In Russ.)
4. Kleiner GB, Rybachuk MA. Systemic Balance of the Economy. Moscow;2017. (In Russ.)
5. Kleiner GB, Rybachuk MA. Systemic Balance of the Russian Economy. Regional Section. The Economy of the Region. 2019;15(2):309—323. (In Russ.)
6. Mamleeva ER, Sazykina MYu, Trofimova NV. Methodology for Assessing the Balance of Municipal Education. The Eurasian Scientific Jornal. 2019;(6). URL: https://esj.today/PDF/72ECVN619.pdf (In Russ.)
7. Senkov VI, Senkova NV. The Quality of Economic Growth of Regions: Theoretical Aspects, Criteria and Methodology of Analysis. Regional Economy: Theory and Practice. 2010;(32):12—18. (In Russ.)
8. Stiglitz D. Misjudging Our Life: Why Does GDP not Make Sense? Report of the Commission on Measuring the Effectiveness of the Economy and Social Progress. Moscow;2016. (In Russ.)
9. Suldina GA, Khamidulina AM. Assessment of the Balance of Social and Economic Development of Municipalities in the Region. URL: https://mgimo.ru/upload/iblock/53f/53f013c95f29783f3769c9d6a6eb-bc42.pdf (In Russ.)
10. Methodology and Computation of the Global Competitiveness Index 2017 — 2018. The Global Competitiveness Report 2017–2018. URL: http:// www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR2017-2018/04Backmatter/TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2017-2018AppendixA.pdf
The article was submitted 31.08.2022; approved after reviewing 25.11.2022; accepted for publication 01.12.2022.
Information about the author:
Alexey A. Ryabchenko, postgraduate student of the Department of “Economics of the region, industries and enterprises” of the Rostov State University of Economics (69 Bolshaya Sadovaya Str., Rostov-on-Don 344002, Russia), ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8918-2765, firstname.lastname@example.org
Conflict of interests: the author declares no conflict of interests.
The author has read and approved the final manuscript.