Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
Reent Yu. A.
Introduction. The main purpose of the article is to identify areas of work and analyze the effectiveness of the impact of Soviet and Bolshevik institutions on agricultural production partnerships, artels and their associations in the designated chronological period. The development of production activities of agricultural cooperation is not included in the subject of the study.
The materials and methods. The article is based on archival proceedings and publications of regional party conferences of the RCP(b), executive committees of local councils. The principle of historicism, which allows us to establish the nature of political and economic relations that have developed in Central Russia after the end of the Civil War, has been chosen as the defining one for the study. At the same time, various general scientific research methods were used. Among them, logical methods of analysis, synthesis and generalization should be noted. In particular, the use of the method of structural and functional analysis made it possible to identify the specifics of the cooperative processes that took place in each of the regions under consideration.
Results and discussion. It was possible to get acquainted and evaluate the main provisions of the existing regulatory framework, to identify both the strengths of the organizational work carried out and unsuccessful examples of the impact of authorities on the activities of agricultural unions and primary cooperatives. As a result, conclusions were drawn, according to which, despite the positive effect of a number of campaigns and events conducted by the Communists, the overall assessment of the party’s impact on the cooperative movement has a negative connotation. The «pumping up» of cooperative boards by workers «from the machine» did not always strengthen the associations of rural workers. The needs of the latter were also not always correlated with the requirements of the party bodies, but at that stage of development, there were still more positive moments.
Conclusion. In connection with the emerging socio-political situation in the country, we can assume an increased interest in the experience and history of the development of agricultural co-operation in general, and in the context of the new economic policy, in particular. The proposed material is intended to promote the revival of such interest among modern researchers.
Keywords: agricultural cooperatives, ideology of cooperative socialism, personnel policy in the countryside, methods of party-political influence, new economic policy
For citation: Party-Political Impact on Agricultural Cooperation in 1921 — 1925 (the Case Study of the Central Non-Black Earth Region). Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(2):57—71. EDN JOWOIL
1. Bystrov GE, Tychinin SV. Reform of Cooperative Legislation and the Concept of the Draft Federal law «On Cooperation in the Russian Federation». Eurasian Law Journal. 2016;(12):99—105. (In Russ.)
2. Kabanov AYu. New Approaches to the Study of Cooperation in the Field of Processing and Marketing of Agricultural Products in the USSR. History of Soviet Russia: New Ideas and Judgments. 1991;135—140. (In Russ.)
3. Lenin VI. Report on Work in the Village. Proceedings from the XIII Congress of the RCP(b): March 23. 1969;38:187—205. (In Russ.).
4. Minina EL. Agricultural Cooperatives in the System of Russian Legislation on Cooperation. Journal of Russian Law. 2019;(4):49—60. (In Russ.).
5. Polichkina EN. Theory of Cooperation and Practice of Its Implementation in the Agricultural Sector of the Russian Economy. Concept. 2016;35:76—81. (In Russ.). URL: http://e-koncept.ru/2016/56735.htm.
6. Prokhorova VV, Kobozeva EM. Agricultural Cooperation: Problems and Prospects of Development. Economics: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. 2020;10(6А):17—24. (In Russ.)
7. Chedurova EM. West Siberian Cooperation in the Period of Reforms and Revolutions of the Early Twentieth Century: Ideology, Lawmaking, Agricultural Technologies. Gorno-Altaysk;2014. (In Russ.)
8. Yanbykh RG, Saraykin VA. Classification of Cooperatives and Development of Agricultural Cooperation. Agro-Industrial Complex: Economics, Management. 2018;(7):13—22. (In Russ.)
The article was submitted 10.03.2023; approved after reviewing 10.04.2023; accepted for publication 14.04.2023.
Information about the author:
Yurij A. Reent, Professor of the Department of Philosophy and History, Academy of Law Management of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia (1 Sennaya Str., Ryazan 390000, Rus-sia), Doctor of Sciences in History, Honored Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8378-6106, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conflict of interests: the author declares no conflict of interests.
The author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript.