Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
Kubantseva I. A.
Introduction. The questions of the formation of personnel potential for the implementation of political censorship in the Mordovian ASSR are relevant. They require consideration, as they remain poorly studied at the regional level. Of particular importance is the study of the personnel composition of the authorized preliminary and subsequent control of the Glavlit of the Mordovian ASSR in 1940. Formed by the beginning of the Great Patriotic War, the imposition of political censorship obliged employees to strictly adhere to them.
Materials and methods. The main source for the study of the topic was archival documents stored in the Central State Archive of the Republic of Mordovia. Problematic-chronological, historical-comparative, quantitative methods were used to present the problems of forming personnel of the Glavlit MASSR. They made it possible to identify the features of the progressive development of the personnel potential of one of the key socio-cultural institutions of the republic.
Results and discussion. This article analyzes the personnel composition of the authorized preliminary and subsequent control of the Glavlit MASSR, the system of advanced training of censors in 1940, as well as the problems that the employees of the republican Glavlit faced when performing their tasks.
Conclusion. Party bodies were engaged in the formation of the personnel potential of the Glavlit of the Mordovian ASSR, guided by the decisions of the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of the Bolsheviks. Commissioners of preliminary control and political editors strove to follow the production task, to work on improving self-education.
Keywords: authorized preliminary control, political editor, printing establishments, newspaper editorial office, advanced training system for censors, censorship techniques
For citation: Kubantseva IA. Formation of the Personnel Potential of the Glavlit of the Mordovian ASSR in 1940. Bulletin of the Research Institute for the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(2):101—113. EDN KEPPDR
1. Blum AV. Soviet Censorship in the Era of Total Terror. 1929 — 1953. Saint Petersburg;2000. (In Russ.)
2. Gavrilyuk IL. Censorship of the Periodical Press in the Late 1920s — the Second Half of the 1930s (on the Example of the Lower Volga Region). Proceedings of the Volgograd State Pedagogical University. 2015;99(4):179—183. (In Russ.)
3. Goryaeva TM. Political Censorship in the USSR. 1917 — 1991. Moscow;2009. (In Russ.)
4. Dianov SA. The Personnel Issue and the Formation of the System for Advanced Training of Censors in the Urals in 1920 — 1941. Bulletin of the Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University Named after V. P. Astafiev. 2011;(2):239—244. (In Russ.)
5. Dianov SA. A Tight Curb of Proletarian Dictatorship: Censorship Bodies in the Urals in 1922 — 1941. Perm;2010. (In Russ.)
6. Dianov SA. Non-Political Censorship: Regional Bodies of Glavlit in the Perm Region, (1922 — 1992). Perm;2017. (In Russ.)
7. Dianov SA. The Bodies of the Glavlit in the Urals in the Interwar Period (1920 —1941). Perm;2011. (In Russ.)
8. Dianov SA. Perm Oblit on the Eve and during the Great Patriotic War. Bulletin of PNRPU. Culture. History. Philosophy. Right. 2014;(1):21—33. (In Russ.)
9. Efremova EN. The Status of the Soviet Censor in the Reports of Sverdoblit. Life of the Province as a Phenomenon of Spirituality. Proceedings of the All — Russian Scientific Conference. 2010;345—353. (In Russ.)
10. Goryaeva TM. The History of Soviet Political Censorship: Documents and Comments. Moscow;1997. (In Russ.)
11. Kan VS. Activity of the Primary Party Organization under the Head of the Tatar ASSR in the Late 1930s — Mid 1940s. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2022;14(4):112—122. (In Russ.)
12. Nuikin SYu, Zorkova NN. Glavlit in the Era of Perestroika (1985 — 1991). Center and Periphery. 2018;13(2):80 —85. (In Russ.)
13. Rezyapkina LN. Activity of the Institute of Censorship of the Periodical Press of Mordovia in the 1950s — 1960s. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 202;13(4):79—86. (In Russ.)
14. Rezyapkina LN. Society, Power and Periodical Press of Mordovia in the Conditions of Reforms of 1953 — 1964. Saransk;2023. (In Russ.)
15. Yarmolich FK. Cultural and Educational Level and Training of Censors in the 1920s — 1930s in the USSR (Based on the Materials of Leningrad, Petrozavodsk, Murmansk). Censorship in Russia: History and Modernity. 2015;7:272—283. (In Russ.)
The article was submitted 24.01.2023; approved after reviewing 27.02.2023; accepted for publication 01.03.2023.
Information about the author:
Irina A. Kubantseva, Associate Professor of the Department of Cultural Studies and Library Information Resources, Ogarev Mordovia State University (44/3 Polezhaeva Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Doctor of Sciences in History, Associate Professor, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9772-9708, email@example.com
Conflict of interests: the author declares no conflict of interests.
The author has read and approved the final manuscript.