Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
УДК 330.59: 331.2:332.12:336.63
Mitroshin I. V.
Introduction. The indicators of the standard of living of the population reflect the general picture of the financial and economic development of the region. They are used as measures of the state of personal finances and are the basis for the formation of corporate and public finances. An analysis of individual indicators of the quality of life of citizens helps to identify the problems that exist in the region and find ways to solve them.
Materials and methods. The materials of the research were the data published by the federal statistical bodies, as well as information on social and economic development, reflected in the reports of the authorities of the Republic of Tatarstan. The method of analysis, grouping, and comparison, as well as the tabular method, were used to conduct the research.
Results and discussion. This article analyzes the lower levels of life indicators in the Republic of Tatarstan for the period of 2000 — 2021, taking into account their dependence on the demographic situation. In particular, the gross regional product per capita and the average monthly wage in the republic were calculated both in current prices and in 2021 prices. The results obtained reflected the impact of living standards on the demographic situation in the long term. However, a change in these indicators during a long period of impact on the population in the republic was not guaranteed.
Conclusion. Living standards in the region are among the highest in Russia. During the entire analyzed period, their stable growth is observed. There is a certain negative impact of economic crises and the Covid-19 pandemic on living standards in Tatarstan, which is quite natural.
Keywords: human, Republic of Tatarstan, standard of living of the population, average monthly salary, gross regional product, subsistence minimum, demographic situation
For citation: Mitroshin IV. The Standard of Living of the Population in the Republic of Tatarstan. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(2):50—62. EDN IWEZYN
1. Bobkov VN. The Methodological Approach of the All-Russian Center for Living Standards to the Study and Assessment of the Quality and Standard of Living of the Population. Bulletin of Voronezh State University. Ser.: Economics and Management. 2009;(2):26—36. (In Russ.)
2. Burdyak AY. Financial Savings of Households at Different Stages of the Life Cycle. Financial Journal. 2014;19(1):129—140. (In Russ.)
3. Grishina E. Financial Income and Expenses of the Population. Economic Development of Russia. 2016; 23(4):68—70. (In Russ.)
4. Quality of Life in the XXI Century: Trends, Problems, Prospects. Surgut;2014. (In Russ.)
5. Lipatova LN. Regional Differences in the Living Standards of the Population as a Threat to the Economic Security of the Country. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2020;(3):155—165. URL: http://niign.ru/nauchnie-jurnaly/vestnik-niign-3,2020.pdf (In Russ.)
6. Lokosov VV, Ryumina EV, Ulyanov VV. Regional Differentiation of Human Potential Indicators. Economy of the Region. 2015;(4):185—196. (In Russ.)
7. Monitoring of Incomes and Living Standards of the Population of Russia — 2021. Moscow; 2022;5. (In Russ.)
8. Nagimova AM. Sociological Analysis of the Quality of Life of the Population: Regional Aspect. Kazan;2010. (In Russ.)
9. Ovsyannikova RV. Cluster Analysis in Assessing the Level and Quality of Life of the Population of the Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation. Bulletin of the Samara State University of Economics. 2018;(1):38—45. (In Russ.)
10. Ovcharova LN, Krasilnikova MD, Pishnyak AI. Monitoring the Socio-Economic Situation and Social Well-Being of the Population: Three Quarters of 2021. Moscow;2021. (In Russ.)
11. Ovcharova LN, Popova DO. Income and Expenses of Russian Households: What Has Changed in the Mass Consumption Standard. World of Russia. 2013;22(3):3—34. (In Russ.)
12. Sushko AA. Socio-Economic Factors Affecting the Standard of Living of the Russian population. Concept. 2017;4:387—392. URL: http://e-koncept.ru/2017/770364.htm (In Russ.)
13. Tarando EE, Gradusova VN. Features of Social and Economic Development of Agricultural Regions of the Central Federal District. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2022;(4):14—24. URL: http://vestnikniign.ru/V-4-2022-st02.pdf (In Russ.)
14. Tolkunov VA. Analysis of the Living Standard of the Population of the Bryansk Oblast in Terms of Ensuring Stabile Social and Economic Development. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2020;(4):201—211. URL: http://vestnikniign.ru/gallery/V-4-2022-st-02.pdf (In Russ.)
15. Shabunova AA, Morev MV, Rossoshansky AI, Belekhov GV. Standard of Living and Social Reality: Monitoring of Changes. Monograph. Vologda;2015. (In Russ.)
16. Yumanova UV. Geography of the Standard of Living of the Population of the Region. Cheboksary;2012. (In Russ.)
The article was submitted 02.02.2023; approved after reviewing 10.04.2023; accepted for publication 17.04.2023.
Information about the author:
Igor V. Mitroshin, Lead Auditor of International Business Consulting Group LLC (11 Borisovskaya Str., Moscow 105187, Russia); Associate Professor of the Department of Management, Economics and Law of the Pokrovsky Branch of the Moscow Pedagogical State University (2 Sportivny Pr., Vladimir Oblast, Pokrov 601120, Russia), Candidate of Economics Sciences, ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4906-1977б, email@example.com
Conflict of interests: the author declare no conflict of interests.
The author read and approved the final version of the manuscript.