Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
Asabin I. Yu.
Introduction. The study of the social policy of the Soviet state is relevant in the context of the implementation of the strategic vectors of the social and economic modernization of Russia. In this regard, works that reveal the regional specifics of this process are of particular importance. The article, using the example of the Mordovian ASSR, shows the social development of enterprises in 1957 — 1962, considers changes in the wages of workers and employees, issues of labor protection and safety at enterprises subordinate to the Sovnarkhoz (Regional Economic Soviet) of the Mordovian Economic Administrative Region.
Materials and methods. To achieve the goal and research objectives, documents from the funds of the Central State Archive of the Republic of Mordovia are used for the first time. The methodological basis of the work was the principles of historicism and objectivity, as well as comparative-historical and problem-chronological methods.
Results and discussion. After the transfer of workers and employees of all sectors of the national economy to a seven-six-hour working day, the average wage increased at the enterprises of the Mordovian Sovnarkhoz, new higher tariff rates and salaries were introduced, labor rationing improved, obsolete and underestimated production rates were eliminated. The most important role in solving issues of labor protection, ensuring normal sanitary and hygienic conditions was played by trade unions, which carried out state supervision and public control over the state of labor protection and safety.
Conclusion. As a result of the study, it was revealed that the priority areas in the social policy of industrial enterprises of the Mordovian Sovnarkhoz were the issues of ensuring wages for workers and employees, creating safe working environment. During the period under study, the wages of workers increased with a reduction in the length of the working day. The active work of factory local committees of trade unions, public inspectors made it possible to reduce industrial injuries and the number of accidents.
Keywords: Mordovian Sovnarkhoz, trade unions, wages, labor protection, safety measures
For citation: Asabin IYu. Problems of Social Development of Industrial Enterprises of the Mordovian ASSR in 1957 — 1962. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(65):126—138. EDN JIKHPJ
1. Аlekseev BL. The Historical Experience of the Participation of Trade Unions of the Volga-Vyatka Region in Solving Social Issues. 1920 — 1998. Cheboksary; 1999. (In Russ.)
2. Alekseev BL. Trade Unions in Solving Social Issues, Workers in 1920 — 1998 (Based on the Materials of the Republics of the Volga-Vyatka Region). Abstract Dis. … Dr. of Hist. Sci. Cheboksary;2004. (In Russ.)
3. Alekseev BL. Trade Unions: Protection of the Rights and Interests of Workers. Cheboksary;1997. (In Russ.)
4. Biryaeva AV. Mordovian Economic Council: the Development of Light Industry in 1957 — 1962. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2019;11(2):134—140. (In Russ.)
5. Biryaeva AV. The Development of Light Industry in the Activities of the Council of the National Economy of the MASSR (1957 — 1962). Abstract Dis. … Cand. of Hist. Sci. Saransk;2020. (In Russ.)
6. Kaderova TN, Ivliev SA. The Role of Trade Unions in Mordovia in Improving Working Conditions and Improving the Material Well-Being of Workers (1954 — 1964). Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2020;12(1):103—112. (In Russ.)
7. Lomshin MG. Mordovian Economic Council: Industrial and Personnel Policy: 1957 — 1962. Abstract dis. … Cand. of Hist. Sci. Saransk;2010. (In Russ.)
8. Merkushina TV. From the History of Trade Unions of Mordovia. Events. Data. Documentation. People. Saransk;2004. (In Russ.)
9. Moiseev EV. Mordovia in the Second Half of the Twentieth Century: Trends and Contradictions in Socio-Economic Development (Historical Aspect): Abstract dis. … Dr. of Hist. Sci. Saransk;2004. (In Russ.)
10. Moiseev EV. Management of the Socio-Economic Complex of Mordovia in the late 1950s — the First Half of the 1960s: a Model of the Economic Council. Society in the Context of Economic and Social History. Сollection of Scientific Articles Dedicated to the 90th Anniversary of the Birth of Professor A. V. Kleyankin. Saransk;2001:156—161. (In Russ.)
11. Ruseev EV. Power and Society: Mordovia in the Context of the Reforms of the mid-1950s — the First Half of the 1960s. Abstract dis. … Cand. of Hist. Sci. Saransk;2004. (In Russ.)
Information about the author:
Igor Yu. Asabin, doctoral student of the Department of History of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia (3 L. Tolstoy str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Candidate of Historical Sciences, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7102-1111, email@example.com
Conflict of interest: the author declares no conflict of interest.
The author read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
The article was submitted 10.11.2022; approved after reviewing 12.12.2022; accepted for publication 19.12.2022.