Научный журнал “Вестник НИИ гуманитарных наук при Правительстве Республики Мордовия”
The journal “Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia”
Minichkina V. P.
Introduction. The issues of import substitution are currently the most relevant in Russia. In this regard, we consider import substitution through the prism of a causal factor.
Materials and methods. In this work, we used general scientific methods, such as the analytical method, the empirical method, the comparative method, the matching method, etc. The source of information was data on 87 enterprises and organizations of Mordovia. Purchases of each type of product with a volume of more than 1 million rubles (2021) were considered, at in-dividual enterprises — from 5 million, in total — more than 2,000 items. Within each enterprise, commodity items are grouped by type of product.
Results and discussion. The import substitution program has opened up new opportunities in the Russian regions. In Mordovia, 506 types of products have been identified. Enterprises purchase these products completely outside the Republic of Mordovia from regional enterprises and organizations, their purchases account for less than 80 % of the total volume. They represent potential trends for the development and creation of their own in-demand industries or the supply of products by enterprises and organizations of the Republic of Mordovia, which have regional, interregional and federal significance. Potential niches for creating high-demand industries and developing cooperation ties as part of the import substitution program include the production of paper packaging products, overalls, footwear and personal protective equipment, wooden pallets and cable drums, composite materials, labels, and the production of polyamide and polyester threads. Filling in numerous import-substituting and investment niches will make it possible to effectively use intraregional and interregional ties.
Conclusion. To improve the work under the import substitution program, further improvement of the regulatory framework is necessary. Resolutions of the Russian Government should be as specific as possible and contain the possibility of intermediate control. Further development of scientific, industrial and market infrastructure is required, improvement of the work of clusters, business incubators, logistics and economic zones. In terms of improving financing, special leasing programs and targeted subsidies are required for the creation and organization of import-substituting industries.
Keywords: import substitution, region, economy, strategy, subject, production
For citation: Minichkina VP. Import Substitution: Issues, Results and Trends Development. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2023;15(2):25—40. EDN HKPGMB
1. Andreeva EL, Glukhikh PL, Ratner AV. Assessing an impact of values and attitudes of entre1. Andreeva EL, Glukhikh PL, Ratner AV. Assessing an Impact of Values and Attitudes of Entrepreneurs on Import Substitution Issues in the Region. National Interests: Priorities and Security. 2017;13(11):2049—2064. (In Russ.)
2. Burlankov SP, Petrenko MYu, Burlankov PS. Application of Forecasting and Optimization Methods for Management of Competitiveness of Sewing Industry Enterprises in the Conditions of Import Substitution. Bulletin of the Research Institute of the Humanities by the Government of the Republic of Mordovia. 2022;14(3):25—36. URL: http://vestnikniign.ru/gallery/V-3-2022-st-03.pdf (In Russ.)
3. Grechenyuk ON, Grechenyuk AV. The Assessment of the Innovative Development of the Central Chernozem Regions to Indicate the Prospects Import Substitution Process. Proceedings of the Southwest State University. Series: Economics. Sociology. Management. 2015;(1):16—20. (In Russ.)
4. Dubkov VA. Import Substitution and Its Role in the Development of Domestic Production. Society. 2022;(1):57—61. (In Russ.)
5. Malyshev DP, Bakumenko OA, Troyan VV. Regional Industrial Policy of the Russian Federation: Import Substitution and Export Support. ETAP: Economic Theory, Analysis, and Practice. 2020;(6):55—70. (In Russ.)
6. Salikov YuA, Isaenko MI. Conceptual Approach to the Development of an Active Process of Import Substitution. Bulletin of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies. 2018;80(1): 335—340. (In Russ.)
7. Shumilina MA, Nefedova KA, Chistyakov MS, Zolkin AL. Territorial and Industry Center for Export-Oriented Import Substitution: Institutionalization Based on a Cluster Approach. Economic Mechanisms of Strategic Management of Industrial Development. Proceedings of the III International Kosyginsky Forum "Modern Issues of Engineering Sciences". Moscow;2021:84—88. (In Russ.)
The article was submitted 21.12.2022; approved after reviewing 02.02.2023; accepted for publication 13.02.2023.
Information about the author:
Valentina P. Minichkina, Deputy Director for Science, the Scientific Center for Social and Economic Monitoring (39A Chmelnistskogo Str., Saransk 430005, Russia), Candidate of Sciences in Economics, Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Conflict of interests: the author declares no conflict of interests.
The author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript.